Creating opportunities to partner with community-based organizations to build our thriving communities is everyone’s responsibility.
We believe that Humphrey Management has an obligation to make a positive difference in our communities and in our neighborhoods. In support of this belief, our employees work throughout the year with many outstanding local and national organizations to add value to the lives of our residents and neighbors.
Breast Cancer Awareness
Like so much good that happens in life, our fundraising for breast cancer causes started because five years ago a few employees decided that we could do something to help find a cure for this disease which has negatively affected so many of our lives. Humphrey Management now has raised and donated thousands of dollars through company-wide, year long employee led fundraising activities for Breast Cancer Awareness. As a major part of this support, the company sponsored HAI Steppers Team participates in the Baltimore Breast Cancer Walk each year.
During the month of May, Humphrey Management team members supported numerous community partners throughout Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania by giving their time, skills, and community spirit to help make our areas of the world better places.
From preparing meals for the elderly and homeless, to welcoming troops home from active duty around the world, Humphrey team members devoted over 1,345 hours with eighteen different organizations. Thank you to all of the agencies and organizations who work hard every day to help their fellow community members and improve our environment.
These organizations and their projects include the following:
- Emmitsburg Borough
- Empower House
- Berkeley County Social Services
- Welcome Home Maryland
- Fauquier Fish
- Lutheran Social Services of the National Capital Area
- Habitat for Humanity of Washington County
- Christian Services of Howard County
- Meals on Wheels
- Center for Life Enrichment
- Peace Lutheran Church
- Community Action Council of Howard County
- Bowie Senior Center
- Friends of the North Fork
- United Way
- Harford County Action Agency
- Moveable Feast
- Howard County Food Bank
- Grass Roots Crisis Intervention
- Grace Housing
- Covenant House
Humphrey Management is a proud supporter of numerous non-profit groups, participating in Community Connections annually, as well as on-going partnerships throughout the year.
Additional Organizations Humphrey Management Supports
The outreach activities of our employees are as unique as our individual communities, varying from location to location. Over the years, we have developed enduring relationships with a number of partner organizations, both public and private.
Below we have listed some of these outstanding organizations:
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- American Association of Retired Persons (AARP)
- CASA of Maryland
- Hearts and Homes for Youth of Maryland
- Howard County Community College
- Hospice of the Chesapeake
- Loudoun Homeless Service Center
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- National Neighborhood Crime Watch Program
- The Maryland Food Bank
- Partners in Care
- Second Chance
- Southern Maryland Agency on Aging
- Stepping Stones Shelter
- The Women’s Housing Coalition
- United Communities Against Poverty